Can I open an Early account if I live in a U.S. Territory?

Early accounts must be associated with an eligible U.S. state or territory, so that you can determine the legal age of transfer. This is the age the child must be for the account to be transferable to them. Since UGMA/UTMAs are only supported in two of the five territories, Guam and US Virgin Islands, customers who reside in Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands may choose an eligible place to open an Early account within Early registration. 

Was this helpful?
Acorns Logo
Over 10 million sign ups
Get started Get the app