Why can’t I have someone other than my spouse as my beneficiary?

If you live in a community property state (Louisiana, Arizona, California, Texas, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, and Wisconsin) and you want to designate someone other than your spouse, you will need to have your spouse sign a notarized document. You can contact Acorns Support for this form. 

Was this helpful?
Acorns Logo
Over 10 million sign ups
Get started Get the app