If you're an Acorns Core customer without Acorns Later or Acorns Spend, you can request to close your account via the web app.
Please note that uninstalling the app does not close your investment account, nor does it cancel any pending or scheduled transactions from your funding source into your Acorns accounts.
Close your Acorns Core account via web
1. Log into your account via the web app.
2. Click on your avatar profile on the top right corner of the screen. Click "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. Under the "Personal" section, select "Subscription."
4. Click the red text that reads "Close My Account."
5. Follow the on-screen steps to close your account.
Note that any pending investments must be canceled.
1. Log into your Acorns account
2. Click the Past button at the very top of the screen
3. Pending deposits will appear on the left
4. Click the pending invest and then click the Cancel Investment button
5. Confirm your cancellation in the dialogue box that appears
Deposits that have begun to process will be locked and cannot be canceled.
Once your account has closed, your funds will be liquidated and returned to your funding source through ACH in 3-6 business days.
Important Tax Information
Please keep in mind, if a 1099 from Acorns is required to file your taxes, a document will be made available here.
Closing Upgraded Accounts
If you have opted in to Acorns Core + Acorns Later and/or Acorns Spend, you can request to close your account by sending us a chat or email here.