What is a 1099-R form?

This is provided for informational purposes only. Acorns does not provide tax or legal advice.  You should consult with a tax or legal professional to address your particular situation.

The 1099-R form lists money withdrawn from a tax-advantaged retirement account, like your Later account or a 401(k). You'll get a 1099-R by January 31 if you withdrew any money from your Acorns Later account in the previous calendar year. Be sure to talk to your CPA or tax professional or visit the IRS website to help determine how you should report this information to the IRS.

Was this helpful?
Acorns Logo
Over 10 million sign ups
Get started Get the app