The ‘Institution is failing to respond to our request’ message typically means that your bank may be experiencing some technical issues or they not be set up to support our Round-Up feature.
If this message is the result of routine maintenance or an unexpected technical issue, attempting this connection again after 72 hours will generally resolve this issue.
After waiting 72 hours, please log in directly to your bank's website from a desktop or laptop computer to verify that there are no sign-in issues on your bank's end.
After successfully logging in to your online bank account, open a new tab or window, log in to your Acorns account here, and complete the following steps to link to your Round-Up Account through Acorns.com:
- Click on the menu (avatar) in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on 'Profile & Settings'
- Click on 'Linked Accounts'
- Click on 'Link another account'
- Search for your bank and connect using your banking credentials