We’re excited to announce the launch of Custom Portfolios, our new feature that lets add individual securities to your already Acorns diversified portfolio — right from the Acorns app!
Much-requested and long-awaited, Custom Portfolios gives you more control over how your money gets invested. And true to Acorns form, there are safeguards in place to help make sure your overall investments stay diversified and focused on long-term investing.
Opening a Custom Portfolio means allocating a portion of your overall Acorns Invest account towards securities and ETFs of your choosing. Your investment profile (based on factors like age, income, and money goals) determines how big your Custom Portfolio can be in relation to your overall Invest account.
For example, if your investment profile is “Moderate,” your Custom Portfolio can make up to 30% of your overall Invest account, meaning you can choose individual securities or ETFs to “fill up” that 30%. The remaining 70% — your Base Portfolio — will remain the same portfolio you’ve grown to know and love: diversified by experts and designed for long-term investing.
Once you’ve chosen which securities to include in your Custom Portfolio, we’ll automatically allocate any future investments (e.g., Round-Ups®, Recurring Investments) across your Base Portfolio (70%) and newly created Custom Portfolio (30%). To put it simply: you choose which securities you want to invest in and how much to be allocated towards them, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Custom Portfolios aren't meant for short-term investing. Instead, Custom Portfolios is just another feature in our suite of long-term investing tools designed to help you on your path towards financial wellness.
Custom Portfolios is available for all customers with an Acorns Premium subscription. To start investing in individual securities alongside a diversified portfolio, download the Acorns app!
This material has been presented for informational and educational purposes only. The views expressed in the articles above are generalized and may not be appropriate for all investors. The information contained in this article should not be construed as, and may not be used in connection with, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or hold, an interest in any security or investment product. There is no guarantee that past performance will recur or result in a positive outcome. Carefully consider your financial situation, including investment objective, time horizon, risk tolerance, and fees prior to making any investment decisions. No level of diversification or asset allocation can ensure profits or guarantee against losses. Article contributors are not affiliated with Acorns Advisers, LLC. and do not provide investment advice to Acorns’ clients. Acorns is not engaged in rendering tax, legal or accounting advice. Please consult a qualified professional for this type of service.
Investing involves risk including the loss of principal. Custom Portfolios are non-discretionary investment advisory accounts, managed by the customer. Custom Portfolios are not instant trading. Clients wanting more control over order placement and execution may need to consider alternative investment platforms before adding a Custom Portfolio account. Please also consider your objectives, risk tolerance, and Acorns’ fees before investing. Acorns Advisers, LLC (“Acorns”), a SEC-registered investment advisor. Brokerage services are provided to clients of Acorns by Acorns Securities, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC.